There’s nothing worse than the 3 o’clock slump. You’ve gotten through lunch and are running on fumes to finish out your day!
With two hours to go, are you willing to take on that 3rd or 4th cup of coffee? What are you supposed to do? We have an unexpected answer in the form of essential oils!
The Best Essential Oils for an Energy Boost
Before you reach for another cup of coffee, candy bar, or worse, an energy drink, consider trying out essential oils instead. These natural and totally healthy oils can provide you with much-needed rejuvenation without the undesirable caffeine side effects like jitters, upset stomach, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and insomnia.
That being said, different essential oils offer different benefits. For example, lavender is a calming and relaxing essential oil that’ll put you right to sleep -- you obviously don’t want that!
On the other hand, here are some essential oils that you can use for that energizing boost:
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint is one of the most popular essential oils for energy thanks to its minty and refreshing aroma. This aroma can provide you with a much-needed mental jolt by stimulating your brain, increasing mental agility, and boosting focus. Peppermint gets bonus points for being able to ease headaches that can easily zap your energy levels!
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Sweet orange features a sweet and citrusy aroma that is fresh and invigorating. This scent can help you shake nerves and combat sluggishness!
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Similar to the herb that you use in the kitchen, rosemary has an herbal and camphorous aroma that contains over 22 naturally medicinal compounds to benefit your wellness. This stimulating oil can help lift fogginess, increase alertness, and boost your focus. Clearly, this is something you’ll want to use to help power through a big deadline!
- Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon features the familiar zesty and citrusy scent that is associated with cleanliness and mental clarity. Not only is lemon essential oil a stimulant that can help you focus, but it also has calming effects that help you combat feelings of stress and anxiety that tend to cause fatigue.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil: Similar to plain lemon essential oil, lemongrass has more of an earthy aroma while still employing the classic citrus smell. It can improve your mood by boosting positivity and giving you the energy and confidence to get through the day.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil: Cedarwood features an earthy and woody aroma. This balance is able to promote a sense of calmness from within while also boosting mental clarity to help you get through even the most challenging tasks.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: Frankincense has an earthy and spicy aroma that can help you power through feelings of stress that can easily tire you out. This oil gets bonus points for boosting wellness so that you can maintain your high energy levels!
Essential Oil Blends for Energy
Sure, all of these essential oils sound great. But what if we told you that you could use more than one at the same time for maximum efficiency?
WOW Skin Science has created two tailored blends of essential oils that are specially designed to help boost your energy and give you the juice you need to get through the day.
The Energizer Essential Oil Blend features eight different essential oils that are extremely effective in giving that energizing, invigorating boost. This lively essential oil blend features a minty-citrusy aroma with hints of camphor to give you a jolt of energy. This blend includes the following oils for an incredible effect on your energy levels: peppermint, lemongrass, sweet orange, grapefruit, lemon peel, lime peel, juniper berry, and rosemary.
The Revitalize Essential Oil Blend features six different essential oils that can help stimulate your mind and restore your focus to tip-top shape. This essential oil blend features a citrusy, woody, and spicy aroma that calms your nerves and gives you a clear head so that you can crush all your goals for the day. This incredible blend features the following essential oils for an incredible effect on your mental acuity: Himalayan cedarwood, myrrh, frankincense, lime peel, vetiver, and sweet orange.
How To Use Essential Oils for Energy
Using essential oils for energy looks similar to using essential oils for other reasons.
- diffuse your energizing oil with water in a diffuser.
- You could mix it with a carrier oil for a nice and invigorating massage oil.
- Or you could simply sniff a drop of the oil, warmed up in the palms of your hands to let it wake you right up!
Any of these methods are bound to provide you with the boost you need to power through the rest of your day.
Where To Buy Essential Oils for Energy
When you need an effective energy boost, you’re going to need quality essential oils to do the trick. That’s why you need to look for 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils, like those offered by WOW Skin Science. We’re also proud to be vegetarian and vegan friendly by never including harsh chemical additives or testing on animals.
As you can see, essential oils can be the answer to that mid-afternoon lull! It really doesn’t get better than that, especially when you’re using WOW Skin Science’s essential oil blends for energy to really maximize the different benefits that you can receive from different essential oils.