Millennials these days find it quite hard to believe that age-old traditional and organic ingredients can be much more beneficial than the chemically enriched products that they’re in favor of opting for. I’ve also been someone with this same belief until I stumbled upon one magical ingredient, clove oil, that made quite a difference for me. Apart from being enriched with a great aroma and several antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties, this ingredient has worked wonderfully well for my hair as well.
Our hair often ends up facing the brunt of our busy schedules and hazardous pollutants-filled environment. Thus, caring for your locks and ensuring that they stay nourished and hydrated all the time becomes even more necessary. Read this article to know all about how to use clove oil for hair, and easily tackle all of your hair care dilemmas.
Table of Contents:
- Benefits Of Clove Oil For Hair
- Clove Oil Combination Recipe With Other Oils For Hair Care
Benefits Of Clove Oil For Hair
Clove is a powerful herbal spice that can be used for several beneficial purposes and has minimal side effects. Several DIY recipes can be made using this ingredient to enhance its effect and benefits. Here are a few major clove oil benefits for hair:
- Enhances hair growth: Infused with all essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, clove oil is great for hair growth and also helps in enhancing hair density. Massaging clove oil to your scalp can effectively help in enhancing blood circulation to your scalp and boost oxygen supply to your roots and follicles, which are the most important things for proper hair growth.
- Eliminates dandruff: Not washing your hair properly or excess sweating leads to accumulation and build-up of greasiness and dirt in your scalp, which can also cause dandruff. Clove oil is infused with eugenol that provides enhanced moisture to your follicles. According to a study published in the Journal of Pharmacobio-Dynamics, the antifungal properties of eugenol work exceptionally well to get rid of dandruff.
- Prevents premature greying of hair: Several factors such as hormonal changes, lifestyle, dietary habits, and air quality can lead to premature greying of your locks. Enriched with the goodness of antioxidants, clove oil prevents free radicals from damaging your cell structure and controls premature greying of your strands.
- Improves scalp health: The antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties of clove oil provide enhanced nourishment and hydration to your scalp, helping promote hair growth. This ingredient also soothes your scalp and helps in getting rid of itchiness.
- Sleek and shiny hair: Clove oil is an excellent ingredient that detoxifies your hair follicles and adds a new life to your dry and damaged tresses by providing them with an essential dose of moisture.
Clove Oil Combination Recipe With Other Oils For Hair Care
Clove oil in itself is an extremely strong ingredient, so the correct application of clove oil for hair is very important. Don't worry! If you use clove oil combined with other oils, its benefits can actually increase by ten folds. When using clove oil for hair, it can ensure hair growth and enhanced health of your tresses. Here are a few recipes that are tried and tested:
Clove Oil, Olive Oil, and Jojoba Oil
Clove oil works exceptionally well for hair growth, leading to thick and lustrous hair. But when combined with other exceptional quality oils such as olive and jojoba, the results are even more desirable. Follow these simple steps to make your recipe.
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of jojoba oil, and half a tablespoon of clove oil.
- Honey can also be added to this mixture at your convenience.
- Apply this mask to your scalp and let it stay for about an hour.
- Rinse your hair well with cold water.
You can opt for WOW Skin Science 10-in-1 hair oil, an organic formulation infused with more than ten natural oils, including virgin olive oil and jojoba oil.
Clove Oil and Castor Oil
Both clove oil and castor oil are extremely effective ingredients that can provide you with beautiful and lustrous hair. A mix of these two can do wonders for your hair and ensure enhanced strength to your follicles as well as scalp.
- Mix one tablespoon of castor oil with 1/2 tablespoon of clove oil in a container.
- Coconut oil can also be added to this mix if desired.
- Apply the combined mix to your scalp and let it stay for a substantial amount of time.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
WOW Skin Science Castor Oil is a premium quality hair oil, enriched with excellent quality ingredients, which can be used for this mix.
Clove Oil and Coconut Oil
If you’re looking for something to hydrate dry and damaged strands, try clove oil for hair. When combined well with coconut oil, the DIY recipe adds shine and luster to your locks and keeps them enriched with moisture.
- Make a soothing mix of premium quality coconut oil witha few drops of clove oil.
- Massage the blend into your scalp and leave it for a few hours or overnight.
- Rinse your hair with your shampoo and observe the results.
The black seed onion hair oil from WOW Skin Science is infused with the goodness of coconut oil along with other wonderful ingredients and can be used for this DIY recipe. This oil is rich in sulfur, which helps promote hair growth, and it is also known to reduce hair loss, stimulate the scalp, and reduce dandruff.
Clove Oil and Eucalyptus Oil
A blend of eucalyptus oil and clove oil has been shown to help prevent premature greying of your hair and fight well against signs of aging hair.
- Mix one teaspoon of clove oil with a few drops of eucalyptus oil and a carrier oil of your choice.
- Massage your scalp and strands with the combination blend
- For quick results, apply the mix twice a week.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How do you dilute clove oil?
Clove oil can be diluted with any carrier oil such as jojoba, coconut, almond, or castor oil.
2. What does clove oil do to teeth?
Eugenol, an active ingredient present in clove oil, is a natural anesthetic that can effectively numb your tooth and ease toothache.
3. Can clove oil burn your gums?
While clove oil is extremely beneficial, repeated use of the oil on gums can cause certain side effects and damage to your gums and tooth pulp. To prevent this, dilute it properly and use it sparingly.
There are bountiful cove oil benefits for hair. Clove oil can truly prove to be your most trusted friend and best ally if used carefully. Using clove oil alone or in combination with other carrier oils can help you reclaim the lost shine and health of your tresses. It can help fight against several hair care woes such as dandruff, itchy scalp, thinning hair, and several others. The benefits of clove oil are numerous!
Shower all the love on your gorgeous locks and pamper them well with the versatile clove oil!
No recommended products
Quick and Easy Way To Measure Your Hair Density
7 Benefits That Come From Using a Scalp Brush on Your Hair
What Is Type 4B Hair and How To Care For It