There’s something about cocoa! We love chocolate! We can’t get enough of it. Our skin loves to indulge in cocoa butter. And it’s no wonder! Cocoa butter has so many uses and benefits in our skincare regimen. Do you know what cocoa butter does for your skin? Is cocoa butter good for the skin at all? Let’s find out!
- What is cocoa butter?
- Cocoa butter benefits for skin
- Cocoa butter is an antioxidant: what does it mean for your skin?
- Cocoa butter is a potent moisturizer
- Cocoa butter helps reduce scars and stretch marks
- Cocoa butter relieves sensitive skin issues
- Cocoa butter nourishes the skin
- Cocoa butter improves skin’s texture and appearance
- Cocoa butter makes your skin clear
- Side effects of cocoa butter
- How to use cocoa butter on your skin
- Cocoa butter is good for your face
- Cocoa butter works miracles in body lotions
- Cocoa butter protects your scalp
- Cocoa butter deeply hydrates your hands and feet
- Cocoa butter is a great lip balm
- Cocoa butter sustains oral health
- Cocoa butter is a great replacement for shaving foam
What is cocoa butter?
You can use it as often as you want. It’s a potent moisturizer and healer for the skin. And it’s made from cocoa beans. Coconut butter is an active ingredient in many cosmetic products. It’s only natural, since there are so many benefits of cocoa butter. Especially unrefined cocoa butter! Extracted from the cacao beans growing on the cacao tree, cocoa butter is a vegetal type of fat. Filled with many fatty acids, this type of butter should be included in your skincare routine. Here’s the answer to that age-old question “what does cocoa butter do for your skin:”
Cocoa butter benefits for skin
What are the cocoa butter benefits for your skin? This ingredient, rich in vitamin E, is known to improve skin elasticity, having an anti-aging effect. It’s also used for its capacity to even out your skin tone. And it has photo-protective properties.
Cocoa butter is an antioxidant: what does it mean for your skin?
If you want to keep your skin healthy, give cocoa butter a chance. According to research, it’s high in antioxidants, fighting free radical damage. What does that mean? Well, cocoa butter benefits for skin, of course!
- Cocoa butter protects the skin from damage that can cause premature skin aging, dull skin, dark patches, and a rough texture. Using cocoa butter contributes to a youthful-looking complexion.
- If you want to maintain your skin supple and young-looking, look for cocoa butter in your cosmetics. It helps soothe fine lines, smooth skin texture, even skin tone, and diminish dark spots while boosting elasticity. Studies are also trying to prove the connection between cocoa butter usage and increased collagen production in the skin, which is why it is recommended to use cocoa butter for stretch marks.
- Cocoa butter has anti-inflammatory properties. Due to the polyphenols and flavonoids in its composition, cocoa butter helps reduce inflammation of the skin and prevents damage. The same polyphenols boost skin elasticity and prevent aging, according to scientific data.
- Cocoa butter prevents sun damage. It should not replace your SPF protection, but it can add an extra layer of protection. It also deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin after UV ray exposure and it can help soothe sunburns!
Cocoa butter is a potent moisturizer
Cocoa butter has emollient properties. Due to its fatty acid content, it deeply hydrates the skin and it prevents the skin from drying and peeling. It also nourishes the skin due to the oleic, palmitic, and stearic acids in its composition, all known for preventing dry skin. These fatty acids create a protective coating on the skin, sealing in the moisture.
Cocoa butter helps reduce scars and stretch marks
It is recommended to introduce cocoa butter in your skincare routine if you want to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It can also help reduce scars. Cocoa butter can boost skin regeneration, speeding healing.
Cocoa butter relieves sensitive skin issues
Cocoa butter can help alleviate skin irritations and itch present in eczema and dermatitis.
Cocoa butter nourishes the skin
Cocoa butter contains many vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids essential for skin health. It’s a good source of vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, copper, iron, and choline, vital in skin rejuvenation. They all contribute to a supple, plump complexion. Oleic, palmitic, and stearic acids, all fatty acids in cocoa butter, create a nourishing, protective layer on your skin.
Cocoa butter improves skin’s texture and appearance
Does cocoa butter improve skin tone? Yes, frequent use can diminish dark spots, leaving an even skin tone. It also helps improve skin texture, leaving it smooth and fine. All these mean a healthier, radiant complexion.
Cocoa butter makes your skin clear
The powerful antioxidants in cocoa butter not only positively affect skin tonus, elasticity, and texture, but they leave your skin clear.
Side effects of cocoa butter
Now that we have covered what does coco butter do for your skin. Let’s see why is cocoa butter bad for you? This natural ingredient doesn’t have many side effects, but you should be careful if you have oily skin. Be especially cautious if you have acne-prone skin since cocoa butter can clog the pores and cause breakouts, especially when mixed with other (comedogenic) oils.
How to use cocoa butter on your skin
Cocoa butter helps the skin in two ways. Its high-fat content creates a barrier, sealing in moisture and protecting the skin from external aggression. And its high antioxidant composition contributes to a healthy, balanced dermis, according to scientific data. And yes, it’s safe to be slathered all over your body!
Cocoa butter is good for your face
Yes, you can include cocoa butter in your daily skincare routine. But make sure not to combine it with other potential comedogenic products since they can clog the pores, especially if your skin is acne-vulnerable. Its composition, rich in vitamin E, makes facial skin firm, moisturized, smooth, and even. Cocoa butter balances skin tone and diminishes aging signs, so it can be a great addition to your facial skin care routine.
Cocoa butter works miracles in body lotions
The benefits of cocoa butter for the skin are numerous. No wonder it is such a popular ingredient in body lotions. Cocoa butter deeply penetrates the skin, offering nourishment and protecting the dermis. It contributes to a smooth texture, so make sure you add it to your skincare routine.
Cocoa butter protects your scalp
Slather your body in cocoa butter and then apply it to your scalp as well. It's safe to use cocoa butter as part of your haircare routine since it leaves your tresses shiny, and it can also keep a healthy scalp. Use it if your scalp tends to be flaky, dry, and prone to dandruff. Cocoa butter will provide deep moisture.
Cocoa butter deeply hydrates your hands and feet
Cocoa butter is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetics. The fatty acids in its composition makes it ideal for soothing dry skin on your hands, feet, elbows, and knees.
Cocoa butter is a great lip balm
Say goodbye to chapped lips! Cocoa butter leaves your lips smooth, soft, and deeply moisturized. It can also help prevent sores and blisters.
Cocoa butter sustains oral health
Cocoa butter is safe for usage on mucous membranes as well. Oil-pulling with cocoa butter can remove toxins from your gums and teeth since this ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties. Make sure not to use cosmetic products containing cocoa butter to do this. Buy pure cocoa butter for oil-pulling!
Cocoa butter is a great replacement for shaving foam
There are many cocoa butter products out there. But did you know you can use pure cocoa butter as shaving foam? It helps the razor glide and leaves the skin smooth and nourished.
While cocoa butter is similar to other fats used in the cosmetic industry, it does have some advantages. It’s denser and has a deep emollient effect due to its rich fatty acid composition. And it also contains higher levels of polyphenols and antioxidants. And while there are still quite a few debates in science regarding some of its effects, that much we know: it is a powerhouse in keeping your skin healthy and nourished.