Are you facing hair problems and want a quick solution? We got you covered! The most common hair care essentials might be resting at your home. That's right, the usual coconut oil and onion can provide excellent benefits for your hair!
You might be wondering what those benefits are. Don't worry; we will lay them out for you in this post. By the time you're done reading, you will know all about coconut oil and onion juice benefits for hair.
Table of contents:
- Common hair care concerns in 2023
- Hair loss
- Dry and itchy scalp
- Dry and dull hair
- White and gray hair
- Main benefits of coconut oil
- Main benefits of onion juice
- How often to use them
- You can find them in these products
Common hair care concerns in 2023
Before we look at coconut oil and onion juice benefits for hair, let's start with the biggest hair care concerns predicted to be very common in 2023. People have been facing issues with hair care more and more with the rise in pollution and climate change. Here are a few of the most common concerns.
Dandruff is presumably the most common hair problem worldwide. It is the scaly particles that stick to the root of the hair. An infection or an unhealthy diet or metabolism can cause it. It can be treated very easily if noticed on time. Using anti-dandruff shampoo too much can also be harmful to hair.
This problem is as common among women as it is known to be among men. For men, it can be male-pattern baldness. For women, hair loss can result from stress, hormonal changes, chemical treatments, or even menopause.
Dry and itchy scalp
If you have a dry and itchy scalp, you might need to pay more attention while rinsing shampoo off your hair. After rinsing, the shampoo left on your scalp might cause irritation and dry scalp. It can further cause rashes or infections. It's best to be careful and properly rinse your hair after shampooing.
Dry and dull hair
Dry and dull hair can be a result of excessive chemical treatments or exposure to products. If left unchecked, dry hair can cause other hair problems too.
White and gray hair
Lastly, although white and gray hair might seem inevitable with age, they have their problems. Gray hair can be thinner and brittle. They might come off easily, causing hair loss problems as well.
Main benefits of coconut oil
Now that we have seen some of the most common problems, it's time to look at the benefits coconut oil has to offer. Coconut oil is a very useful product when it comes to hair care, as it can cure multiple problems:
- Coconut oil creates a protective layer over your hair. This helps lock the moisture inside, which makes your hair smooth and frizz-free.
- Coconut oil has antibacterial properties as well. Using it can help protect your hair from viral or bacterial infections and dandruff.
- The fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil help clear hair follicles and sebum. This, in turn, results in enhanced hair growth.
The lauric acid content in coconut oil nourishes the hair and scalp from within. It helps improve hair protein and acts as an excellent conditioner.
Main benefits of onion juice
As we saw, coconut oil has many benefits. However, onion juice is equally beneficial for your hair. Onion juice comes with its own set of advantages to aid your hair care:
- The sulfur in onion helps reduce hair thinning and breakage. Sulfur is also essential for regenerating hair follicles and boosting hair growth.
- The antioxidants in onion help reduce free radicals. It helps delay gray hair, regulate the hair growth cycle, and prevent hair fall as well.
- The antibacterial properties of onion prevent scalp infections and control dandruff.
- Using onion juice also increases blood circulation. This enhances the oxygen supply to follicles, in turn supporting hair growth.
- The high quercetin content helps reduce toxins and pollutants from your hair that can cause damage to your hair cells.
Another advantage of onion juice is the flavonoids that help make your hair healthier and shinier.
How to extract onion juice
We know the advantages of onion juice but let us see how to extract it from the onions you have in your kitchen:
- Peel two or three onions, wash them, and dry them
- Dice the onions to get small pieces
- Put the pieces in a blender to grind them till you get a smooth paste
- Sieve this onion paste through a muslin cloth over a container to obtain the juice
Use this juice immediately or store it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container
How often to use them
While we know how great these products are for the hair, it is important to regulate their use.
Coconut oil has no added chemicals and provides good enough moisturization to the hair. However, there are limits to its effectiveness. For best results, some experts suggest you can use coconut oil on your hair two or three times a week.
Although it might be okay to leave onion juice on your hair overnight, it is advisable to rinse it after two to three hours. It might also cause itching or redness, or hair loss in some people. It is best to conduct a patch test before you start using onion oil or juice.
Onion juice can be refrigerated for up to five days in an airtight container. However, it is best to use freshly extracted juice immediately to make the most of it. It is recommended to use an onion juice treatment on your hair once a week.
You can find them in these products
Here are the top 5 coconut oil or onion juice-based hair products that you can use for the best benefits:
- The Wow Skin Science Onion Shampoo and Conditioner set
- The WOW Skin Science Coconut & Avocado Natural Hair Conditioner
- The WOW Skin Science Onion Black Seed Hair Oil
- The WOW Skin Science Red Onion Black Seed Oil Hair Mask
The WOW Skin Science Coconut Milk Hair Mask
Coconut oil and onion juice can provide a lot of nourishment to your hair with minimal effort. Their individual properties help keep hair frizz-free and provide proper growth and thickness to make your hair look healthier and full of life!
No recommended products
Quick and Easy Way To Measure Your Hair Density
7 Benefits That Come From Using a Scalp Brush on Your Hair
What Is Type 4B Hair and How To Care For It