If your school days were filled with art and craftwork like mine, then using crepe paper to design your colorful art projects is something you can easily relate to. Making several decor items using that textured paper is quite a fun process; however, what's definitely not fun is when your skin starts turning crinkled and loose just like that paper. When your skin starts losing its elasticity and collagen, it leads to the development of crepey skin. Combating crepey skin and keeping it glowing and radiant can be achieved if you're well aware of the best products that should be used and easy tips that ought to be followed. Follow this article for a detailed guide on how to prevent and treat crepey skin.
Table of Contents
- Causes of Crepey Skin
- Best Products for Crepey Skin
- Body Wash
- Best lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs
Causes of Crepey Skin
Do you often wonder exactly what factors are responsible for your fragile, thinning, and dull skin? Fighting against this skincare issue can become much easier if you’re well aware of the root causes. Here is a list of the main factors that lead to crepey skin:
Aging: Aging is something none of us can escape from. This gradual process of your skin maturing and becoming more fragile can be slowed down, but not reversed. Growing old leads to thinning of the epidermis, which further leads to skin turning crepey.
- Sun damage: As per expert dermatologist, Ranella Hirsch, MD, Cambridge, Massachusetts, sun damage is the most significant cause of crepey skin, as it breaks down the elastin of your skin. Repeated exposure to the sun and harmful UV rays, even in the early twenties, can damage the protein fiber of your sensitive skin. Elastin, which provides resilience to your skin, is destroyed by the UV rays, causing your skin to turn saggy and loose.
- Extreme weight loss: Sudden and rapid weight loss can make your sensitive skin appear more sagged and wrinkly. As per research conducted to establish a link between nutrition and aging, a lack of essential vitamins, nutrients, and fatty acids in your daily diet can also trigger the process of aging.
Smoking: Not just smoking, but exposure to second-hand smoke, can also lead to depletion of collagen in your skin, making it appear saggy. As per several studies, smoking leads to the degradation of collagen production in your skin.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as prednisone and few other steroids make your skin susceptible to wrinkles, fine lines, and crepey skin.
- Dry skin: Persistent (or chronic) dry skin can not only make your skin appear dry, dull, and flaky, but also cause it to turn crepey. Dryness can strip your skin of all its essential natural oils and moisture. As per studies, it can also diminish your skin's elasticity and make it difficult for your body to process collagen.
Best Products for Crepey Skin
Crepey skin is something from which not just our face, but arms and legs suffer as well. Fortunately, there are several effective skincare products formulated with the best of ingredients that work wonders to replenish, moisturize, soothe and hydrate your crepey paper-like skin.
Adding products that encourage elastin and collagen production to your skin and ensure that it stays hydrated and supple is a key element to prevent crepey skin. Choosing a body wash that is formulated with the best of ingredients and that can drastically improve the appearance of your skin and keep it toned can be quite a cumbersome task at times. Nevertheless, with a bit of research, it is doable.
WOW Skin Science offers several nourishing and soothing formulations infused with the best ingredients and elements, such as apple cider vinegar, lemon, lavender, cucumber, peppermint, and several others. These premium quality body washes do not strip your skin of its natural protective and hydrating oils. Rather, these gentle body washes will keep your skin hydrated, supple, and smooth.
Best lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs
Having crepey skin is a skin woe that can be easily tackled with apt skincare products. As per a renowned board-certified dermatologist, Hadley King, MD, New York City, you should “Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize - this can improve the appearance.” Adding a body creams, moisturizers or lotions for crepey skin to your daily regimen can significantly improve the appearance of your skin and effectively diminish the fine lines and wrinkles.
WOW Skin Science offers a wide range of body lotions and moisturizers enriched with powerful and soothing ingredients such as shea butter, coconut butter, argan oil, aloe vera, arabica coffee, and several others. These skincare products feel super light, have an anti-aging effect, and blend easily keeping your skin smooth, soft, and plump, while also helping with fine lines and wrinkles. Make your choice and get any one of these safe and hydrating body creams for your crepey skin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How do I get rid of crepey skin on my arms and legs naturally?
Using a natural mud and honey moisturizer, regularly massaging your arms and legs and a scrub made from sugar and olive oil are some natural ways of getting rid of crepey skin on your arms and legs.
2. Can you tighten crepey skin on arms?
Yes, you can tighten crepey skin on arms by adding retinol enriched over-the-counter body creams or other types of products to your regimen.
3. What do dermatologists recommend for Crepey skin?
Ultrasound, laser treatments, Cryolipolysis, and Fillers are few dermatologically recommended treatments for crepey skin.
With growing age and excess exposure to harmful pollutants and the sun's UV rays, we are prone to suffer from the skin issue of crepey skin. However, this skin condition can be easily taken care of by following the right steps and adding some key products to your regimen. Keeping your skin younger looking and glowing doesn’t have to be a miracle; just make the necessary changes in your lifestyle and choose the right skin care products!
No recommended products
What Are the Benefits of Activated Charcoal in Soap?
Hyaluronic Acid: 8 Skin & Health Benefits
4 Vitamin C Facial Benefits