Featured Articles ➔
How to Make Ubtan For Glowing Skin
I’ve always had a beauty expert at home to rely on for help when one of my skincare experiments backfire. That expert is none other than my grandmother, who’s always been a powerhouse of perfect beauty recipes that are totally credible to fall back on. During her times, they didn’t have access to a plethora of cosmetic products like us, yet their skin used to look luminous and glowing all the time. A couple of weeks back, scrolling through the old family pictures, I stumbled upon her wedding album and got completely mesmerized seeing her looking all glowing and perfect in her attire with no makeup on. On being constantly badgered, she told me that the only thing that helped her skin glow and look spotless was the constant application of ubtan. This traditional paste made from herbal ingredients is an easy DIY recipe that can be made within the confines of your home for attaining a natural and long-lasting glow. I’ve shared ahead a few of the best ubtan recipes from my grandma’s secret book of recipes along with a few instant ubtan products. Scroll ahead and explore the article to learn all about using ubtan for glowing skin.
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Ubtan
- DIY Ubtan Mask Recipes
- Recommended Ready-To-Use Ubtan Products
Benefits Of Ubtan
Ubtan is an ayurvedic concoction that works on all skin types and provides your skin with an instant glow and leaves it silky soft. This wonderful mixture has several essential benefits to offer. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Banish that old tan: Ubtan is infused with cooling ingredients, all of which help relieve your skin from excess heat and tanning. Applying an ubtan mask will remove dead skin cells from your body and aid in keeping it smooth and soft.
- Clear and flawless skin: Turmeric is one of the most important ingredients that make ubtan so effective. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of ubtan inhibit the growth of bacteria and make it an ultimate solution for many skincare woes. Research conducted on ubtan highlights the properties of its golden ingredient, turmeric.
- Fights against acne: The rich ingredients, such as turmeric and sandalwood, present in the potent blend act as natural toners and are infused with antifungal and antibacterial properties that help in keeping acne, pimples, and blemishes at bay.
- Delays signs of aging: The enriching properties of ubtan help your skin fight against premature signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. None of us wish to look older than our actual age and prefer that natural and youthful glow. Regular application of ubtan can delay all these harsh signs of aging.
- Removes unwanted facial hair: A gentle facial ubtan weakens the stubborn facial hair from deep within its roots and diminishes their unwanted growth as well. Constant application of an ubtan in smooth and subtle circular motions can help in eliminating facial hair.
- Provides toned skin: Another effective ingredient, sandalwood, present in the majority of ubtans, has astringent properties that help in tightening the pores of your skin and keeping it firm and uplifted.
DIY Ubtan Mask Recipes
These are some of my tried and tested DIY ubtan masks that can yield desired results if religiously added to your regimen. All of these recipes are extremely simple to make and infused with ingredients that can be easily found in your pantry:
- Sandalwood, chickpea flour, and turmeric: Make a mask by mixing all these dry ingredients and adding some milk to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the mask on your face thrice a week for best results. This ubtan is quite helpful in exfoliating your dead skin cells, cleansing and removing blackheads.
- Oatmeal, turmeric, and cucumber: Mix all of these ingredients together to make an ubtan scrub and apply it to your skin for thorough cleansing. The (grated) cucumber present in the mix will cool your skin instantly and also help in getting rid of excess tanning and sunburns. The wrinkles and fine lines on your face can also be minimized with this recipe.
- Wheat flour, chickpea flour, turmeric, and rose water: Mix all the dry ingredients together and add some rose water to create a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. The wheat flour present in this ubtan works well to brighten your skin, while rose water actively tightens the open pores of your skin and keeps it glowing.
- Almonds, milk, basil, and sesame oil: Soak the almonds in milk overnight and remove their outer skin the following morning. Add sesame oil and basil powder to this mix and grind them in a processor. Applying this mix on your face can minimize all the flare-ups, soothe any irritation or inflammation and add a natural glow to your face.
- Honey, milk powder, lemon, and sandalwood: Mix all the dry ingredients and turn it into a paste by adding lemon juice and honey. Apply this mix on your face to get rid of sunburns, and dark spots. On regular application, the mask can also provide you an enhanced glow and bright skin.
Recommended Ready-To-Use Ubtan Products
Though all ingredients required to make an ubtan are easily available and do not cost much, yet at times making these DIY recipes might feel quite cumbersome. Several brands have been formulating herbal ubtan products for those of us who might not be up for making these recipes and are in search of some ready-to-use products.
WOW Skin Science has a, entire range of ubtan products formulated with the best natural ingredients that allow you to pamper your skin in the most effective way. All of these products are 100% vegan and provide your skin with a vibrant glow.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can we apply Ubtan on the face daily?
Since ubtan is completely natural and organic, it can be applied to your face as well as body on a regular basis.
2. Is Ubtan good for all skin types?
Yes, since ubtan is formulated with all-natural ingredients, and you can easily adjust the recipes to your needs, it can benefits all skin types.
We often fail to recognize the power of natural ingredients and how effective they can prove to be for our skin and its glow. After trying several cosmetic products and failing to find any difference in my skin’s condition, I resorted to these DIY ubtan recipes suggested by my grandma, and none of them failed to surprise me. Try these recipes and get instantly glowing and spotless skin like blooming flowers.
Keep glowing with the best ubtans and if you have a tight-packed schedule with no time to make these mixes, then add the suggested products to your routine for the same results.