Featured Articles ➔
How To Tighten Skin On Thighs Naturally And Prevent Sagging?
Losing your skin's natural elasticity and ultimately getting fine lines and wrinkles is inevitable, and it's a natural part of human life. Still, in our rush to keep loose skin at bay, many of us opt for cosmetic remedies and procedures that can prove to be quite harmful in the long run.
However, the truth is that aging skin can be just as beautiful as young skin and, equally important, that nothing beats a healthy lifestyle and natural remedies when it comes to skincare. So even if you do, hopefully, learn to love your body and skin just as they are, there are still things you can (and should do) to care for them. So keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- Causes Of Sagging Skin
- Effective Tips For Skin Tightening
Causes Of Sagging Skin
To preserve your toned thighs or tighten the skin that has turned loose, you first need to understand the underlying causes of loose and saggy skin. Here are the prime causes of sagging skin:
- Reduction of collagen synthesis: With approaching old age, our skin has less and less collagen production, and the same goes for elastin fibers present in the body. Also, skin aging is caused by decreasing the amount of hyaluronic acid, which helps our skin retain moisture and stay hydrated.
- Significant weight loss: Though weight loss is quite rewarding, it comes with specific side effects. One of the main ones is sagging skin, including loose skin on the thighs.
- Sunlight exposure: The collagen and elastin in your skin can get brutally damaged when you expose your skin to the harsh rays of the sun for extensive hours. Smoking and drinking alcohol are also significant causes of loose skin.
- Illness: Some diseases and medical conditions can also cause saggy and loose skin. Granulomatous slack skin, for instance, is a skin condition that leads to the gradual slackening of your skin.
- Lifestyle: An unhealthy lifestyle that includes an improper diet, deficient in healthy nutrients can also be a big reason for your sagging, loose skin. The production of collagen can be severely impaired due to your bad lifestyle choices and may result in your skin going loose earlier than you might have expected.
Effective Tips For Skin Tightening
Following the right tips, adopting helpful remedies, and adding effective skincare products to your regimen can help you get your loose skin back on track and keep it firm.
Get a skin firming moisturizer: Applying a body moisturizer regularly is the one step of your skincare regime that should be religiously followed if you want to get rid of the sagging skin and to actually tighten loose skin while keeping it soft, supple, and plump.
Because there are so many body moisturizers available in the market, all promising to tighten loose skin effectively, the process of selection can be a bit difficult and time-consuming.
My advice: always try to go for the most natural products enriched with nourishing ingredients. Ingredients such as aloe vera gel, Vitamin A, C, E, and hyaluronic acid are essential to consider while looking for skin tightening body moisturizers.
For example, WOW Skin Science has a wide range of plant-based body moisturizers that can provide complete nourishment to all skin types and enhance the elasticity of your loose skin as well. All of these formulas are infused with the goodness of powerful and soothing ingredients that can work wonders for your skin and provide it with much-needed hydration.
Exfoliating with a body scrub: Exfoliating your skin regularly with a powerful body scrub that effectively removes the dead skin cells and paves the way to regenerate new skin cells can help tighten loose skin while improving blood circulation. You'll want to go for a body scrub that not only removes the dead skin cells but also works well to keep your body radiant and glowing.
Opt for face and body scrub enriched with ingredients such as sandalwood flour, almond powder, and chickpea flour. Adding this scrub to your routine can help you get rid of fine lines and uneven roughness, and, with regular application, it can help tighten loose skin on your thighs.
- A regular workout regimen: Maintaining a regular workout regime and hitting the gym or indulging in any other form of physical exercise can be pretty helpful to tighten your sagging skin. Try to work out at least three times a week.
Massaging: Getting a massage will relax your sore muscles, calm your mind and enhance the blood flow. Regular massage will promote blood flow, which will amplify the effects of body and face structuring creams and aid in providing quicker and more effective results for your sagging skin.
- Eating healthy: The two essential factors that keep your skin toned and smooth are balanced elastin and collagen production, both of which are naturally found in protein-rich foods. So, a balanced diet infused with all the proper nutrients can help tighten skin and keep it resilient and smooth for a long time.
- Stay protected from the sun: You might be envying your friend flaunting that gorgeous tan and thinking of taking a sunbath to get that same glorious and bronze skin. But make sure to think twice - Sun can have negative effects on skin aging - it will deepen the fine lines of your sagging skin and severely impact the skin elasticity as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can flabby inner thighs be toned?
Yes, regular indulgence in physical exercises such as squats, leg lifts, side lunges, and running can help you tighten skin - tone your flabby and loose inner thighs.
- How can I permanently tighten the skin naturally?
Some natural remedies to tighten your loose skin and promote skin elasticity overall are aloe vera gel, oil massage, coconut oil, ground coffee, and rosemary oil (always properly diluted in a carrier oil for topical applications). But, note that all of these products require appropriate massages to tighten skin.
- How do I get rid of cellulite and flabby thighs?
Making use of caffeine creams, dry brushing, aloe vera gel masks, a coffee scrub, and retinol creams are a few effective ways to get rid of cellulite and flabby, loose skin on your thighs.