Sitting in that salon chair for long hours and spending large bucks to flaunt your favorite shade of color can get quite bothersome and draining at times. With correct directions, this task that seems quite humongous at first can become extremely easy. Also, maintaining your multi-colored hair won't be a continuous dependence on your colorist if you know the correct tips. Sectioning your hair strands the right way can help you apply the color to your locks aptly. Keep reading ahead to understand the step-by-step process to dye your hair perfectly and radically change your appearance.
Table of Contents
- Step by Step Process To Section Hair
- Tips To Maintain Hair Color For Long
Step by Step Process To Section Hair
Right before applying hair color and sectioning your locks, there’s a small tip you must remember. According to Deb Rosenberg, assistant vice president of education for Color&Co, you should simply apply the hair color from roots to tip if you’re looking for just a slight change. But if you’re in it for a darker shade, then start applying hair color from the ends of your hair and then move ahead to the roots.
If you’re someone who already has colored hair wishing to experiment with different shades, then start by first matching your roots to the current shade of your colored hair.
Here is a step-by-step guide to explain the process of sectioning your hair:
- Start by combing your hair back and creating a part down in the center of your mane with the tip of your comb. Two main sections will be created from the front of your head to your neck.
With any section of your choice, create a parting from the top of your ear to its middle using your comb or hairbrush. Use a clip to separate each half.
- Once your locks are divided into four sections, you can start applying your hair color.
- When applying multiple hair colors, these sections are just like lines of a coloring book, creating barriers so that different sections of your hair don't touch each other.
- Once you’ve divided your hair into the four sections, it’s time for tinfoil to save the day. Cut sections of tinfoil beforehand and use them to wrap the smaller sections of hair on which you’ve applied the hair dye. Gently brushing on the dye on each section will help it distribute evenly. After you’ve folded the foils, it will help to pin them in place with plastic clips. From this point on, it’s just a matter of creativity and what you want to obtain.
Tips To Maintain Hair Color For Long
There’s nothing more appealing than a vibrant hair color that can give you a complete makeover and revamp your whole look. Yet, when the dye washes out and gets rusty, your colored hair can start to look messy and unkempt. A dedicated hair care regimen and some simple tips can help you maintain your hair dyes for long and keep rocking that look with ease.
Here are a few easy tips to help you maintain your hair color and take care of your tresses:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo: Your choice of shampoo plays a key role in helping you keep your hair color for long and maintaining the vibrancy of it as well. Try to add a pH-balancing sulfate-free shampoo to your regimen, infused with natural and enriching ingredients that can help you maintain your lustrous hair and keep it rejuvenated.
WOW Skin Science has a wide range of sulfate free shampoos made with natural ingredients suitable for all hair types and which can help you maintain your hair color while keeping your locks soft and smooth.
- Don’t shampoo too often: Though it’s essential to keep your hair clean and free from dust and excess oil, extreme shampooing of your tresses can strip them of their natural oils and also lead to the quick fading of your hair color. Do not wash your hair more often than necessary so that the color can be maintained for long.
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling tools such as straighteners, iron rods, and blowdryers, if used frequently, can disrupt the outer covering of your locks and open your cuticles, leading to a quick wash out of your hair color. Avoid using these tools on a regular basis to preserve your hair color for long.
- Apply leave-in treatments: A leave-in conditioner is one amazing hair care product that can help you keep your locks free from frizziness and tangled knots. Also, it provides protection against the damage caused by the harsh rays of the sun.
WOW Skin Science's leave-in treatments work extremely well to revitalize all hair types, especially color-treated hair. Also, these natural formulations can boost the health and nourishment of your hair in a few applications, making your hair color shine even more.
- Add a soothing hair oil to your routine: Applying a soothing and enriching hair oil to your colored locks can help you extend their shine and glorious look for long. Providing intense nourishment to your scalp, these effective hair oils can help you keep your locks frizz-free and ultra-soft all the time. Several studies have been conducted on the effectiveness of hair oil proving its need and significance for your hair on a regular basis.
- Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a popular natural remedy for many health conditions, but it also has benefits for hair care. ACV can help to balance the pH level of your scalp, which can reduce itchiness and flakiness, and it may also help to remove buildup from styling products, such as hairspray or gel. It can help to maintain the vibrancy and shine of colored hair.
WOW Skin Science has a wide range of well-formulated plant-based hair oils, that can help you keep your hair strands smooth and infuse them with an essential dose of moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How long should you wait between each hair coloring?
It’s always considered safe to wait for at least four to six weeks between each hair coloring to minimize the risk of damage to your locks.
2. Where do I start when dying my hair?
According to professional colorists, you must start dying at the roots first and then move to apply color from the back to the front, ensuring that the color stays at the back for a long time.
3. Can I dye my hair two different colors in one day?
Applying two different colors in one single day might sensitize your scalp.
Dying your hair a wild color or going the Cruella de Vil way with a combination of hair colors to let your personality shine is something that can be easily done within the confines of your home, if you know how to section your hair. Also, following the right tips can help you maintain your hair color for a long time.
Go bold and jump on to your next hair adventure with your favorite shades of colors by sectioning your hair perfectly and using the right hair care products!
Explore the WOW website for more natural hair care products.
Quick and Easy Way To Measure Your Hair Density
7 Benefits That Come From Using a Scalp Brush on Your Hair
What Is Type 4B Hair and How To Care For It