Liquid gold to nourish your hair and boost shine, sounds nice huh? This exotic ingredient from Morocco is one of the best natural oils for hair damage and a popular beauty ingredient that will soon become a staple in your routine. Have you heard about argan oil but still aren’t sure exactly what it is and what it does for your hair? Are you wondering how to repair damaged hair?
Well, wonder no more! We are here to tell you everything you need to know about this miracle oil that can work wonders on even the most damaged hair.
What is Argan Oil?
This luxurious oil comes from the kernels of the Argan tree native to a small part of western Morocco along the Atlantic Ocean. This oil has been used as a key element in Moroccan food for centuries. However, it has also been used for cosmetic purposes for just as long.
The process of yielding oil from the argan tree is pretty time-intensive. It takes a lot of work and resources just to obtain a small amount of oil. For that reason, pure argan oil of good quality isn’t cheap! And despite the fact that argan oil has taken the rest of the world by storm in recent years, it can still only be made in Morocco due to the picky nature of argan trees that will only grow in this small area of the North African country. It’s even rarer than gold!
What Does Argan Oil Do For Damaged Hair?
You may have heard of argan oil before and how it’s a beauty staple, but what does it actually do? Perhaps a better question is what doesn’t it do? Here are a few benefits of argan oil can for your hair:
- If you are looking for shinier hair, look no further than argan oil! It’s packed with essential fatty acids to build up your hair cuticle for shiny, smooth locks.
- If you deal with pesky knots and tangles in your hair, argan oil can help with that too. The vitamins and minerals from the oil are easily absorbed into the hair cuticle, softening it and making it easier to comb or brush your hair. Tip: brush your hair with a wide tooth comb starting at the ends, and working your way up for less breakage.
- If you deal with frizz or split ends, argan oil can help smooth everything down thanks to its rich vitamin E and omega fatty acids properties. This give you nourished, sleek hair with cuticles that lay flat, for less frizz and more shine!
- If you spend a lot of time in the sun, argan oil can actually help with hair damage that comes from the sun’s powerful and potentially damaging UV rays. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it can also protect your hair free radical damage.
- If you deal with itchy flakes, argan oil can help soothe your scalp and reduce itchy irritation thanks to its natural soothing properties.
Who Should Use Argan Oil?
The best thing about argan oil is that everyone can use it no matter what your hair type is and even if you don’t have damaged hair. Many hair oils aren’t ideal for those with thin hair since they tend to be thick and can easily weigh down your hair as a result. However, argan oil is very lightweight and can be used by those with thin and fine hair without weighing it down. At the same time, argan oil is still powerful enough to penetrate even the curliest or coarsest hair out there!
How to Use Argan Oil for Healthy Hair
Here are a few ways to use argan oil for your hair:
- Scalp treatment: Argan oil can be used on the scalp to soothe, nourish, and strengthen your strands. Apply a generous amount to your hair and scalp, massaging with your fingertips to boost blood circulation. You can leave it on for 30 minutes or even overnight for maximum benefits! You can get a boost of hair health with WOW Skin Science’s 10 in 1 Miracle Hair Oil, featuring argan oil and other beneficial hair oils to totally transform your hair.
- Styling oil: If you want a quick fix for flyaways, frizz, or dull hair, you can also use argan oil as a styling oil. Rub a small amount to your hands, and swipe across your problem areas for flawless hair in a flash.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Argan oil shampoo and conditioner is a great way to get the benefits of Argan oil without a ton of extra products.
How to Find the Best Argan Oil Products
Argan oil’s extremely popularity brings endless options out there in terms of products that advertise the benefits of this amazing oil.
So how can you find the best ones? If you are looking for pure argan oil, look for an ingredient list that is 100% pure organic argan oil with no extra additives. As mentioned previously, pure argan oil is difficult to produce so such a product will not come with a cheap price tag -- but trust us, it’s worth the investment! Just make sure that the product is labeled for cosmetic use and sold in a dark-colored glass bottle to protect its potency over time.
If you are looking for hair products made with argan oil, the shopping process is a little bit more complicated. That’s because the cosmetics industry isn’t very well-regulated in the United States and companies pretty much have free reign over labeling products as they see fit -- even if these labels mislead the consumer.
Therefore, the best thing to do if you are looking for hair products with argan oil is to check the actual ingredients. WOW Skin Science, for example, only uses 100% vegan formulas without potentially harmful chemicals like sulfates and parabens.
As you can see, argan oil is definitely something that you need to incorporate into your hair care regimen. It can work for all hair types to address a variety of different hair concerns from dryness to flakes! Just make sure to buy quality argan oil products from reputable companies like us here at WOW Skin Science!
The Best Clarifying Shampoo for Low Porosity Hair
5 Signs of a Dry Scalp and How to Remedy It
How Often Should You Shampoo and Condition Permed Hair