Using essential oils can seem tricky and confusing for beginners, what even are essential oils? What do they do? Do they really work and how can I use them?
We are here to answer all your questions by focusing on one of the best essential oils out there, sweet orange. These tips can be applied to other types of essential oils as well. So, read on for the complete how-to guide on using sweet orange essential oil.
What is Sweet Orange Essential Oil?
Think of essential oils as the most concentrated extract with all the benefits, scents, and flavor. Sweet orange essential oil, with the binomial name citrus sinensis, is the extracted oil from the orange fruit with a refreshing citrusy smell that’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. If you love fresh-squeezed orange juice in the morning or want to transport yourself to a classic Floridian orange orchard, sweet orange essential oil is the perfect choice for you! The benefits of sweet orange essential oil go beyond, to improve your wellness in so many ways!
What Are the Benefits of Sweet Orange Essential Oil?
In addition to smelling citrusy fresh, citrus sinensis aka sweet orange essential oil has mood-boosting, soothing, cleansing, and relaxing properties thanks to its cold-pressed purity.
If you’re feeling down, diffuse sweet orange essential oil to boost your mood and bring joyful moments. The skin-soothing properties can be used and applied on the skin, as long as you dilute it with a carrier oil (more on that later). Integrate sweet orange into your skincare routine to help combat blemishes and calm irritated skin symptoms like redness, itch, blotchiness, and more. The soothing properties can help combat symptoms of a stubborn cold and cough, by clearing out clogged nasal passages.
No matter what your health concerns are, it’s likely that sweet orange essential oil will benefit you in one way or another!
How To Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Essential oils are especially amazing for the different ways you can use sweet orange essential oil to maximize its benefits.
That being said, remember that essential oils are for external use only and should never be ingested. You should also always do a patch test on your skin before using it topically to check for any adverse reactions. Essential oils can be applied to the skin, as long as you dilute it in a carrier oil.
- Essential oil diffuser: Fill your diffuser with water, add in two to three drops of sweet orange essential oil, turn the diffuser on to set a calming mood.
- Skincare: Add three to four drops of sweet orange essential oil per 10 mL of moisturizer or carrier oil to benefit the skin.
- Haircare: Add three to four drops of sweet orange essential oil per 10 mL of shampoo or conditioner to treat your hair.
- Massage: Blend three drops of sweet orange essential oil per 10 mL of carrier oil like castor oil and massage into sore muscles for soothing relief.
- Bath oil: Add four to five drops of sweet orange essential oil to your bathwater to transport you to a luxurious spa environment, soothe stress, and treat your skin at once.
- All-natural cleaner: For a great kitchen cleaner, add 15 drops of sweet orange essential oil to 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup of water, and ½ teaspoon of natural dish soap, and spray on surfaces to clean with an all-natural citrusy scent!
How to Blend Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Even though sweet orange oil has plenty of benefits when used on its own, it can be combined with other essential oils to take your wellness game to the next level!
That being said, not all essential oils combine well together. So how do you know which ones to mix and which ones to avoid? We have done the work for you with this helpful list of essential oils that blend extremely well with sweet orange oil to boost their potential health benefits:
- Frankincense essential oil: Soothe stress, symptoms of anxiety, pain; fight acne; anti-aging skincare booster.
- Cedarwood essential oil: Promotes mental clarity; boosts energy; fights dandruff; diminishes acne scars by reducing inflammation.
- Rosemary essential oil: Boosts thinking and concentration; treats dandruff, head lice, hair loss, and oily scalp build-up.
- Jasmine essential oil: Reduce stress; boost mood; anti-aging skincare booster.
- Geranium essential oil: Soothe anxiety; boost mood; fight acne; strengthen hair.
- Lavender essential oil: Soothe stress and skin; prevent scarring from acne or burns; improve skin texture; promote hair growth; natural moisturizer for skin and hair.
Where to Find Quality Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Now that you know how amazing sweet orange essential oil is, you’re probably ready to go get some for yourself!
That being said, you shouldn’t just buy any old essential oil products from any retailer. Instead, you need to make sure that you are buying products from a reputable source that is committed to quality natural products and has good customer reviews. Furthermore, you need to check the label of the product to make sure that you’re buying 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oil rather than a cheap alternative like fragrance oil.
WOW Skin Science only sells 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils that customers are continuously raving about. Not only that, but WOW offers a 60-day money-back guarantee because we are confident in the quality and potency of our essential oils.
So, before you buy the first bottle you see at a big box store, check out WOW’s products if you’re looking for high quality at a reasonable price.
As you can see, using sweet orange essential oil is quick and simple when you know what to do and have the right tools.
Just make sure that you’re using quality oils like those from WOW Skin Science to ensure that you are really getting the most bang for your buck, that way you’ll know that you’re really benefiting from aromatherapy as much as possible!
How Many Times Should I Apply Castor Oil to My Scalp?