Hair problems are very common nowadays. Increasing pollution, changing climate, and a surge in the use of chemical products on hair are all contributing factors to hair problems. But a lot of hair problems can be resolved by just one simple solution, using onion juice for hair!
Yes, the onion you find lying around in your kitchen can be a great source of good and healthy hair. It is very simple to extract onion juice at home to use on your hair. Alternatively, you can go for any product from WOW Skin Science for enhanced results. In this article, we will show you everything you need to know about using onion juice for hair.
Table of contents:
- Is onion juice good for hair
- Benefits of onion juice for hair
- How to use onion juice for hair
- Extract onion juice for hair
- Treat your hair with onion juice
- Onion juice for fighting hair loss
- Best products with onion juice
Is onion juice good for hair
Onion juice is one of the best remedies for hair. It is especially effective in treating hair loss. You may not like the strong smell of onion on your hair, but believe me, this one ingredient can prove to be magical for your hair. Onion juice is full of compounds that can fight bacteria and fungi to keep your hair free of infections.
Benefits of onion juice for hair
Onion juice has been used for decades now. It is known to be extremely beneficial for hair. A lot of experts recommend using onion juice for hair as a remedy. It can help make your hair look more lustrous. Let us look at a few important and noteworthy benefits out of the long list:
- The sulfur in onions prevents hair breakage and thinning. Also, sulfur is a necessary component to regenerate hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- The antioxidants present in onions are known to prevent premature graying of hair.
- Onion enhances blood circulation, increasing oxygen levels in hair follicles. This helps boost hair growth.
- The quercetin component in onions removes toxins and pollutants from hair that could otherwise damage hair.
- Onion juice also helps make your hair smoother and shinier due to the presence of flavonoids.
The antibacterial and anti-fungal qualities of onion juice can save your scalp from infections.
That's a pretty impressive list! We just looked at some of the major benefits of using onion juice for hair. Next, let us go ahead and see how to extract that juice from onions and use it for your hair.
How to use onion juice for hair
In this part, we will go through two simple processes. The first one is to extract the juice from onions, and the second will be the instructions for treating your hair. Let's dive right in!
Extract onion juice for hair
There are some easy steps to extract onion juice from the raw onion. Let us go through them one by one:
- Peel a few onions, wash them, and tap them with a napkin to dry them off
- Dice the onions into smaller pieces
- Shift the pieces to a blender and grind
- Work on grinding the pieces till you get a smooth paste
- Sieve this onion paste through a muslin cloth into a container
Use this juice immediately or store it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container
That's it! Follow these simple steps to prepare onion juice for hair. You can store this juice in the refrigerator for up to five days. However, it is best to use freshly extracted juice for the best results.
Treat your hair with onion juice
Once you have this juice, you will need a cotton pad. You need to soak the cotton pad with onion juice and apply it to your scalp. When you have covered the entire scalp with the juice, you can start massaging it lightly with your fingers. Massage the scalp for a few minutes and leave it on the scalp for about an hour. Rinse the juice off with warm water afterward.
You can use this treatment about once or twice a week for the best results. It is important to regulate the usage as too much of it can also be harmful. It is best to patch-test the juice before applying it all over the scalp just to ensure you don't have any allergic reaction. In case of any reaction, consult your doctor immediately.
Onion juice for fighting hair loss
Onion juice is a great antidote for hair loss. The most important component responsible for it is the sulfur present in onions. Onion juice provides extra sulfur to the hair and scalp, which results in strong and thick hair.
This sulfur from onions also supports the production of collagen. Increased collagen helps in the production of skin cells and hair growth. There have been studies on onion juice preventing hair loss. According to those studies, the people who washed their hair with onion juice experienced more hair growth. On the other hand, people who didn't use it experienced the usual growth, less than the former group. Men benefited more from using onion juice compared to women.
Conversely, it is important to note that onion juice treatment cannot be considered a cure for hair loss conditions like pattern baldness or alopecia. Studies show it can enhance and protect current hair growth. However, it cannot cure any baldness-related illness.
Best products with onion juice
Here are some of our best products that can prove to be of use to you if you want to treat your hair with onion extracts:
- WOW Skin Science Red Onion Black Seed Oil Shampoo And Conditioner
- WOW Skin Science Red Onion Black Seed Oil Hair Mask
- WOW Skin Science Onion Black Seed Hair Oil
- WOW Skin Science Onion Black Seed Hair Oil
- WOW Skin Science Onion Black Seed Oil Rapid Repair Bundle
Preventing scalp infections, reducing hair loss, and preventing frizziness are some of the most important benefits of using onion juice for hair. It provides essential nourishment to your hair and can be easily found in your pantry. It is the best ingredient to add to your haircare regimen and can be easily made at home or found in the products listed above!
No recommended products
Quick and Easy Way To Measure Your Hair Density
7 Benefits That Come From Using a Scalp Brush on Your Hair
What Is Type 4B Hair and How To Care For It