Has it ever happened to you that you straightened your hair at night for an early morning meeting or an event, but woke up with messy hair the next day? Well, you are not alone. Many of us straighten our hair at night to save time in the morning, only to end up wasting our time and having to do it all over again in the morning. Seeing your straight hair go back to curly or wavy after waking up, particularly when you’re in a big hurry, is no less than a nightmare. Now, what can we do about it? Read on to find out how to keep your hair straight overnight.
Table of Contents:
- How do you keep your hair straight while sleeping?
- For how long does the hair stay straight after flat ironing it?
- How can you maintain straight hair after using a flat iron?
How do you keep your hair straight while sleeping?
Straightening your hair can be a tedious process. Not to forget the hair damage it causes. To avoid straightening your hair again in the morning, you can try a few solutions to help keep your hair flat at night, while sleeping.
- Use silk or satin pillowcases. Sleeping on satin or silk pillowcases has several hair benefits. These materials do not cause too much friction and, hence, do not entangle your hair. They also help keep your hair smooth and shiny. So try using a silk or satin pillow cover to keep your hair straight overnight and prevent frizz. As an alternative, you can wear a silk or satin scarf on your head and secure it with pins.
- Use a dehumidifier. In high humidity, your hair tends to become greasy faster and go back to its original shape and texture. So try reducing the humidity in your bedroom. Also, make sure that your room temperature is not too high, to prevent sweating. Additionally, remember to do your nighttime skincare routine before straightening your hair. Otherwise, the products can get in contact with your hair and destroy your hard work.
- Dry your hair before straightening. Another tip to get beautiful and straight hair is to completely dry your hair before using a straightener. If you straighten wet hair, you not only risk damaging it, but, also, your hair will become dry and frizzy after the moisture completely leaves your hair, and you will wake up with messy hair. So, if you wash your hair before straightening, make sure that you wait for it to dry completely.
- Pin your hair. If you are someone who frequently changes positions while sleeping, then you should pin your straight hair before going to bed. The pins will make sure that your hair stays in place.
For how long does the hair stay straight after flat ironing it?
The time for which your hair stays straight depends on various factors. If you have wavy hair, it might remain straight for a longer time than if you started with curly hair. It also depends on the hair straightener that you use. If the iron rod is of good quality, you can maintain sleek hair for a longer time. If you don't wash your hair after straightening, your hair can stay straight for up to 3-4 days.
If you wish to flaunt your straight hair for a few days, you should avoid touching your hair frequently. Also, make sure to straighten your hair on low heat. Even though it will take more time, the results will last longer. Using flat iron rods at high temperatures will not only damage your hair but, the hair will also remain straight for a shorter period of time. You can also use hair-protecting serums to protect your hair from damage and keep it straight for longer.
How can you maintain straight hair after using a flat iron?
The best way to keep your hair straight for an extended period after using a flat iron rod is to use a hair serum or setting spray. Even if you use a heat-protecting serum before using a straightener, you should still also apply a hair product after straightening your hair. A hair serum will provide intense hydration and keep the moisture locked in. It will also reduce frizz and dryness. Your straight hair will look smooth and shiny the next morning. If you are looking for hair serums to maintain shiny, sleek hair, I can highly recommend you:
The WOW hair revitalizer spray helps control frizz and dryness and it will deeply nourish and hydrate your hair to enhance smoothness and shine. If you have split ends or brittle hair due to excessive use of hair straighteners, this hair revitalizer spray will help you effectively tackle these issues. It contains extra virgin almond oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, rosemary essential oil vitamin E, Moroccan Argan oil, and other nourishing natural ingredients that help strengthen the roots and promote healthy hair. You can use this spray as a leave-in-conditioner after straightening your hair.
Straightening your hair and then maintaining it for a long time can be challenging. However, there are many ways to keep your hair in place while sleeping and avoid frizz so that you wake up with silky, straight hair in the morning. Check out the WOW hair care range for more products that work wonders to give your hair a naturally straight look!
Understanding Common Hair Concerns: The Complete Guide
The Ultimate Guide to Hair Care for All Hair Types
How Often Should I Use Clarifying Shampoo on 4C Hair?