Featured Articles ➔
What Are the Best Uses for Rose Otto Essential Oil?
Essential oils are incredible for their unique benefits that benefit you, naturally! That being said, it can be difficult to understand every beauty benefit of an essential oil since there are so many.
The good news is that you don’t have to do it alone -- WOW Skin Science here to help! We're breaking down everything you need to know about rose otto essential oil, aka the “queen of essential oils” is revered for its amazing smell and effects. Read on to learn more!
What Is Rose Otto Essential Oil?
Rose otto essential oil features a pleasantly sweet and floral scent that is classic, timeless, and instantly-recognizable. Essential oils are made by extracting and distilling oil from plants to capture the scent, flavor, and benefits of the botanical.
This intensive process is especially so for rose otto oil. Creating just 15 mL of pure rose otto essential oil takes about 65 pounds of rose petals! We know how expensive roses are, especially on valentine's day, so rose otto essential oil must be incredibly expensive, right? Not necessarily.
Even though 100% pure rose otto essential oil will definitely cost you a pretty penny, there are other more affordable solutions out there that allow you to reap the benefits of rose otto essential oil without sacrificing your hard-earned money.
One way to get the most bang for your buck is to purchase an essential oil blend of rose otto mixed in a carrier oil. That way, you can still get your hands on the “queen of essential oils” with all the beauty benefits without totally breaking the bank. Plus, a diluted version will be safe to apply directly to your skin, without worrying about irritation. As always, we recommend doing a skin patch test before using it all over your body.
Benefits of Rose Otto Essential Oil
Speaking of benefits, here are just a few of the most impressive benefits offered by rose otto oil:
- Aphrodisiac: Helps to boost sensuality, melt frigidity, and boost pleasure.
- Emollient: Softens dry skin with soothing and hydrating properties.
- Astringent: Tightens and tones the skin by cleansing it and closing up pores making it less acne-prone.
- Soother: Reduces irritation in the skin caused by anything from a rash, bug bite, infection, etc.
- Mood Booster: Boosts mood and promotes feelings of happiness.
- Deodorant: Prevents and eliminates odors.
How To Use Rose Otto Essential Oil
Now that you know what benefits Rose Otto Essential Oil can give you, here is exactly how you can use rose otto essential oil to include in your head-to-toe beauty and wellness routine.
Here are some of the best ways to use rose otto essential oil:
- Diffuser: Add 2-3 drops of oil to water in an oil diffuser to create a calming and relaxing environment.
- Moisturizer: Add 1-2 drops of oil to your favorite moisturizer or non-comedogenic oil like Castor oil to fight acne and signs of aging.
- Hair treatment: Add 1 drop of oil to 1 tablespoon of argan oil or castor oil, and massage into the scalp using fingertips in circular motions to hydrate and fight frizz.
- Bath: Add 3 drops of oil to your bath water to soothe your skin and set a relaxing mood.
What Essential Oils To Blend With Rose Otto
If you’re new to the essential oil game, you might not know that it’s actually possible (and beneficial) for you to use more than one essential oil at a time. More essential oils means more benefits, right!?
That being said, not all essential oils will blend together well based on their aromas. Sometimes contrasting scents are good, but other times, not so much. So, how can you know which ones to blend together?
Thankfully, we are essential oil experts and we have figured out some of the best essential oils to mix with rose otto oil:
- Frankincense essential oil features an earthy and spicy aroma that can relieve feelings of stress and tension, soothe pains and discomfort, and even boost immunity! For your skin, it can reduce the appearance of acne and nourish skin. For your hair, it can promote a healthy scalp.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil features a sweet and floral aroma that has a calming effect to relieve feelings of stress. It provides an effective yet natural way to soothe skin irritations thanks to its soothing properties. Finally, it can help moisturize and nourish hair to transform your tresses.
- Bergamot essential oil features a citrusy, tangy aroma that can provide much-needed mood boosting in addition to nourishing skin and hair.
- Lavender essential oil has a sweet, floral aroma that’s instantly recognizable due to its wide popularity. It helps you be calmer, relax, and forget about stress even for just a little bit! For your skin, it can help smooth complexion and balance the skin’s texture. For your hair, it promotes hair growth and provides lush moisture to make your hair soft and luscious.
Where To Buy Rose Otto Essential Oil
We know what you’re thinking: where can I find all these amazing essential oils? The best place to buy them is online, but tread carefully! You should only purchase from a trustworthy and 100% vegan company like WOW Skin Science.
WOW Skin Science only uses vegan botanical ingredients in our products and we never test on animals. We also offer amazing customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee. But don’t just take our word for it, check out all the five-star customer reviews that really speak for themselves!
Now that you know all the best uses for rose otto essential oil, it’s time to get your hands on some and start reaping the benefits -- just make sure to follow the guidelines above!