Featured Articles ➔
What Is Body Butter Used For & Can It Make Your Skin Radiant?
If you're someone who's deeply invested in skincare products and keep track of what's new in the market, then body butter is one product that you must have heard a lot about in recent times. But, for those who haven’t caught up with the pace, understanding the difference between an ordinary moisturizer and body butter can be quite confusing at times. Sink right into the velvety soft world of body butter and understand all that it can do to give your skin that extra glow and love it so badly needs.
Table of Contents
- Beauty Hacks On How To Use Body Butter
- Benefits Of Effective Body Butter
- Recommended Body Butter
1. Beauty Hacks On How To Use Body Butter
Getting acquainted with how to use body butter on your skin is a personal experience, one where you discover more about your skin and its requirements. Still, here is an in-depth guide to help you understand how to efficiently use body butter so that it provides your skin with all that it needs and creates a vibrant glow.
- Start gently: Always start by gently scooping out a bit of the enriching formulation on your fingertips. Even a little bit is often enough. Though it can be used at any time of the day, applying body butter immediately after you shower is considered the best time to seal in all the moisture and fragrance.
- Spread it on the dry areas: Enjoy the process of spreading a layer of body butter all over your body, especially on the dry areas, such as your knees and elbows, and other dry patches of skin. These sensitive spots are more prone to friction and grow comparatively thicker than the rest of the body to keep themselves protected. Consequently, they’re often drier as well.
- Tenderly massage: Using smooth, circular motions, spread the body butter on your skin. There’s no need to rub the product too hard as it typically gets absorbed quite easily. After a tiring day, you can apply body butter on your cracked heels and worn-out feet for relaxation and to soften your skin.
- Let it absorb for firm skin: The smooth, buttery product absorbs well into your dry skin and helps prepare your body for a day out in the sun. That’s not to say that you do not need to apply sunscreen anymore!
2. Benefits Of Effective Body Butter
The benefits a good body butter provides to your skin are numerous. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Creates a protective layer: Enriched with Omega 3 fatty acids, an effective body butter is easy to absorb by your skin. Yet, a part of it is not absorbed and creates a protective layer on the surface of your skin, while most of the product penetrates deeply into the fatty layers of your skin and offers protection against all sorts of hazardous elements.
- Prevents skin aging: A body butter is an efficient product that works well to enhance the elasticity of your sagging skin and promotes a significant increase in collagen production as well. Several signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, are effectively diminished with regular use of a moisturizing body butter.
- Useful as a makeup remover: Body butter can help you in situations when you run out of your makeup remover. It can effortlessly remove all sorts of makeup, including the ones that are waterproof. Just don’t make a habit of using body butter as a makeup remover, as you can end up with clogged pores.
- Diminishes stretch marks: The excellent skin rejuvenating and healing properties of body butter make it a great product that can be applied on your skin during and post-pregnancy to prevent and get rid of stretch marks.
- Provides enhanced hydration: Several skincare woes such as dry or chapped skin, irritation, redness, and something as severe as eczema can be well taken care of with moisturizing body butter. The formulation penetrates deep into your skin and seals the moisture ensuring that it stays soft and supple.
- Repairs cuticles and dry nails: Dry nails and cuticles are quite common. Regular application of body butter on your dry and damaged nails can enhance their health and keep them super soft.
3. Recommended Body Butter
Making your choice of body butter depends on your personal preferences along with your skin type and its needs. WOW Skin Science has formulated a wide range of body butters infused with all-natural and organic ingredients from which you can choose the one that suits you best to keep your skin healthy.
Several rich ingredients such as argan oil, shea butter, moringa, aloe vera, coconut milk, cocoa butter, etc. have been used in these formulations to provide your skin with an essential dose of moisture.
- If you have dry skin, the preferred choices for providing your skin with a smooth texture are the moringa, the mango, and the banana body butters from WOW. All three of these are infused with a pleasant scent and will work to keep your skin moisturized.
- If your skin is extremely dry and in need of something that’ll instantly soothe and rejuvenate it, then look for ingredients such as raw argan, raw African shea, shea butter, and cocoa butter. These extra-nourishing natural ingredients will leave your skin with a glowing look and smooth fragrance.
- Himalaya rose, Nargis, olive oil body butter, and WOW Citrus body butter are some of the formulations that can be opted for if you have normal skin that requires a moderate dose of moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can I use body butter on my face?
You can, occasionally, apply body butter on your face, but it is typically not recommended. Body butters often contain comedogenic oils, which can end up clogging the pores on your thin and sensitive facial skin.
2. Can I use body butter on my hair?
Yes, some natural body butters can be used on hair to soften it and keep it moisturized. You can add them to your homemade hair masks.
3. Which is better: body butter or body yogurt?
Both body butter and body yogurt are excellent skincare products with rich moisturizing properties. The most significant difference between body butter and body yogurt is that the former has a slightly more long-lasting effect in comparison to body yogurt, which is lighter and gets absorbed faster.