While we dream of having long, silky, and healthy locks like Rapunzel, the reality is not as magical. You can take vitamins and supplements galore with the off chance they work. The secret you’ve been looking for comes right from mother nature - essential oils! Featuring the purest concentration of botanical power to fight anything getting in the way of your hair goals. Which is the best essential oil for your hair? You’ll find these in the ingredient list of your favorite natural hair care products, but which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?
Let’s break it down! This is our list of best oils for hair:
Rosemary Essential Oil
The first thing that comes to mind about rosemary may be an herby seasoning for your roasted chicken and potatoes. The benefits go beyond, as this top essential oil has special properties to help promote healthy hair growth. The high anti-inflammatory properties or rosemary oil work to help soothe and heal the scalp from issues like dandruff, dry, and itchy scalp.
Studies have shown that rosemary oil can help fight hair loss by working aggressively to heal damaged follicles at the root level. This helps to increase proper hair growth and ultimately nourish the hair to improve strength. Try it out by adding 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil in your shampoo during your hair washing routine.
Tea Tree Oil
One of the most widely used essential oils in the beauty industry and one of the best oils for hair, tea tree’s botanical power has long been touted by hair care professionals and consumers alike. Native to Australia, tea tree was initially used by aboriginals as an antiseptic or antibacterial to treat and heal wounds. These antimicrobial properties have been incorporated into today’s products as an effective cleanser.
For haircare, tea tree essential oil can effectively combat bacteria that causes psoriasis, dandruff, and inflammation. That’s why it is featured in WOW Skin Science’s Hair Revitalizer Spray, to boost your hair health at the root level!
Some other great essential oils for your hair and body include lavender, peppermint, almond, lemongrass, chamomile, grapeseed, geranium, ylang-ylang, and cedarwood.
Additional Helpful Oils
The use of the highly useful essential oils can provide amazing results to your hair, especially in a concentrated setting such as a massaging oil treatment. Whether you need to grow your hair because of a condition like alopecia areata or need regrowth after color or heat damage, essential oils will fix any hair woes. When you combine this potent power with nourishing hair oils, you get the ultimate formula to restore, replenish, and nourish your hair health, no matter your hair type and hair condition.
- Bhringraj Extract - This unfamiliar extract comes from a plant related to the sunflower, mainly found in India, Brazil, and Thailand. The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties help promote hair growth and fight dandruff and psoriasis. Try it in our Hair Revitalizer Spray!
- Moroccan Argan Oil - aka liquid gold is most widely known for its hydrating and nourishing properties, which make it one of the best oils for hair. A centuries-old remedy, Moroccans have harnessed the fatty acid, vitamin, antioxidant, and nutrient-rich formula to protect the hair from damaging free radicals while mending split ends, and preventing breakage. During the restoration process of split ends and frizz, argan oil brings back elasticity and thickness to thinning hair without any build-up in the process. The potency of this essential oil is what makes it a key ingredient to the many effective hair care products on the market, and the highlight of WOW’s Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Raw Argan Oil Body Butter.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - This kitchen staple may sound weird to apply to your hair. As a food item, we are aware of the heart-healthy benefits these monounsaturated fats have. As a useful ingredient to encourage hair growth, the penetrative powers allow moisture to be locked in while simultaneously creating a protective barrier. This process works to fight shrinkage and frizz, while also reversing the damage done by styling, color treatments, and environmental exposure. Try it out in our Onion Black Seed Hair Oil!
- Safflower Oil - Safflower oil, not to be confused with sunflower oil, is another pantry staple derived from the safflower plant. This lightweight oil works to promote blood circulation and help enhance hair growth, strengthen hair roots, and providing nourishing hydration. Try the extract in our Hair Revitalizer Spray!
- Jojoba Oil - This increasingly popular ingredient is derived from a shrub found mostly in desert regions of North America. Technically speaking, it is more of a wax which mimics that of the sebum produced by the oil glands of our scalp. Carrying the same vitamins, nutrients, and anti-inflammatory components as the other oils on this list, it has the same ability to provide much-needed healing and repair. The unique qualities of this little known oil do a stellar job of pulling its weight when it comes to providing the best possible hydration for your locks.
We gave you several plant-powered essential oils and oil to choose from, so you can find the best one for your hair needs! You can trust 100% pure essential oils from WOW Skin Science, found in many of the natural solutions we offer. Good luck!
No recommended products
Quick and Easy Way To Measure Your Hair Density
7 Benefits That Come From Using a Scalp Brush on Your Hair
What Is Type 4B Hair and How To Care For It